View Single Post
Old 2011-07-22, 04:28   Link #306
Oblivion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante of the Inferno View Post
First off, North American licensing is Geneon's issue, not DEEN's. Second, Funimation (who bought the license from Geneon) did very little to add to the value of the North American release (sure, they remastered the backgrounds and made a great box cover, but there were no extra features - previews ARE NOT EXTRA - the dubs AND the subs are abysmal - save a few key VA's - and the marketing was completely wrong) With such poor sales, Funimation reps said, and I'm quoting, "we will never buy the license to the sequels or any other title that bears even a minor resemblance." Hell, Funimation just bought the license to Baka Test. DEEN continues to do what it does best: troll and make people laugh. We're just currently stuck in the troll part.
Apparently I was wrong about the liscencing, BUT that does NOT excuse DEEN's lack of effort. The OP to Kira for instance. I'm not saying they lack effort in EVERYTHING they do, just some things really could have been done better. And as for Funimation? Well most of the dubs they do are terrible anyways so I don't find it surpirsing and Higurashi was no exception.
Oblivion is offline   Reply With Quote