View Single Post
Old 2006-12-09, 13:02   Link #55
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gains View Post
If KyoAni takes it then we can rejoice.

Problem is how many episodes would it take to create a great Higurashi.

Considering the arcs that we know:
For remake, we have got 2 branches. Visual Novel (8 arcs) and PS2 (9 arcs?). 26 episodes=impossible. It would be just the same as DEEN.
Animating just Minagoroshi and Matsuribayashi, I think 12-14 episodes would not be enough but I don't know whether 24-26 episodes would be too long.
Or KyoAni (I wish) might use the Fumoffu way and did Higurashi Daybreak

My wishes:
Please no weird face contortions.
Please use music from the visual novels.
Please do the whole Meakashi Epilogue with Confession as the BGM.

Now, who would you want as Hanyuu's seiyuu? I'm dying to hear "Auauau~" in the anime.
If Kyoto Animation takes it proves to me for certain that all they can do is take other peoples work. They're officially the BASF of anime as far as I'm concerned. They don't make a lot of the stuff you buy, they make a lot of the stuff you buy better (well more pretty in this case). I'll never understand why everyone adores that company so much since if you took away all their source material they'd be out on the street do to having no original stories whatsover. They lack creativity on so many levels I just cannot call them a great company, though I still don't hate them like I do some others since they respect their source material (maybe because they don't have the creative staff to do it differently, then again maybe not, who knows) and do a good job at bringing things to life. Though Deen's not much better at creativity the point still stands. They are only as good as the source material made available them and they have a talent for making pretty series, that's really it. But hey if thats all it takes for other people then they must be great for them, me, I'll stick with Bones (Gorgeous and creative) and Sunrise (The core genus of Bones and a great and legendary company in its own right).

However if it is them and they do the full deal this time including Minagoroshi and Matsuribayashi, no complaints, it'll be pretty and it'll be done and a series like Higurashi needs to be don't right or it won't make sense in the end. The plot threads are too interwoven for any to be at all different from what the visual novel intended. Oh and Souichiro Hoshi needs to stop hissing whenever he gets a little emotional.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2006-12-09 at 13:20.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote