View Single Post
Old 2008-08-07, 21:19   Link #72
wao
OK.

This episode was one of the hardest to watch, not really because Sheryl was getting battered (it looked like it was going to be that way from a little while ago anyway) but because the way they do it is... painful.

Not in a heart-breakingly painful way but in a I-am-reminded-not-to-expect-subtlety-from-this-show way. Yeah. I feel sorry for both Sheryl and Ranka.

And you'll have to excuse me but I still can't empathize with Alto one bit. The more this show progresses the flatter he becomes, I don't even remember why the hell Ranka and Sheryl fell for him again. Because he conveniently appeared at the right place at the right time? He doesn't seem torn between the two girls, he just seems like his mind has two switches and he kind of forgets about one when he goes for the other (most of the time). I guess he doesn't see them as "competitors" for attention, but still... In this new OP particularly he seemed a lot less important than before - I dunno man, I still remember thinking "hm he might be interesting" in episode 1 (how long ago was that now) and wondering just why on earth he still fails to make much of an impression on me. I can't even hate him because there isn't enough to hate, dammit.

But while I think May'n sings way better than Megumi Nakajima (although I typically prefer Nakajima's type of voice), Aimo just sounds weird with her singing it. And enka.... ...... ..............................
I'm going to go listen to Northern Cross again or something
The new OP song is nice but it's disappointing that a lot of it is really just flashy effects with reused footage. Bleah. As far as animation production goes I've given up most hope with this series, and I had liked Aquarion as much as it depended on shiny 3D crap. Wonder when we can see Satelight do something like Noein again... mumble