Thread: Xbox One
View Single Post
Old 2013-09-04, 12:43   Link #2199
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
The more they talk the more I fear that the system is going to end up with a lot of issues. How can I put my trust in the system when they're changing the specs so late in the game?
I don't think that a CPU upclock is much cause for concern. Microsoft would have deemed any heat and power increase to have satisfactory failure rates. It's pretty much all good news for Xbone buyers. The only worrying element is that Microsoft is talking about specifications when they should be avoiding that conversation. It's probably indicative of how much they're worried about the launch. Same with all the last-minute policies/pack-in offers, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Well Nintendo did the same thing with that infamous direct, where they pretty much completely blew their load. Same thing Sony will do (and they did for the ps3) if Titanfall really became the next COD and launched Xbone sales into the stratosphere. If you're driven into a corner, you will try and fight your way out.
Pretty much. I do question whether it's ever worked though. How many people would buy a console today for games that won't be available for the next 18 months? Compare that gain to the lack of new announcements for long stretches of time. It certainly hasn't worked for the Wii U. I guess it'd be most effective if the early announcements are of games that nobody expect, but yet garner a huge amount of buzz. Microsoft making a new Halo will surprise absolutely no one, and so accomplishes very little. Its announcement would have had more effect had it come either February 2014 or E3 2014.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Yeah.

I mean, the argument is that it supposedly happen all the time and as such isn't a big deal. Yet we have Sony as contrast, who had the hardware finalised months ago and didn't see the need to give updates because they feel they are comfortable with their final product.

No, Sony didn't tell us their clock speed. But they don't need to. Because Sony is giving off an aura of confidence, and as such the same confidence reaches the customers. Is it Justified? Who knows. But we know MS has to work a lot harder to do promotions.
Simply put, Sony's messaging has been exemplary while Microsoft's has been terrible. In the last few weeks, Xbone messaging is still pretty awkward and uncomfortable, but it's a big improvement over what it used to be like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Sound like they have announced the release date, and it's Nov 22nd.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...date-announced
Finally. I'd say that the extra week the PS4 has in North America will be more valuable than the week the Xbone has in Europe. However, it shouldn't make too much difference in the long run. I do expect that a lot of features of the Xbone will be incomplete at launch - even more than what we already know about.