Thread: Crunchyroll Goshuushou-sama Ninomiya-kun
View Single Post
Old 2007-10-08, 07:15   Link #74
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

I spy with my eye ... something that turned out a lot better than i expected

I am rather impressed with the first episode. This type of show is something i haven't seen in a good while, and the cast is quite likable as well. I was expecting some full-time ecchi/comedy with minuscule amounts of romance, but overall the 1st ep is more 'cute' than anything else. Ninomiya is a large factor in this - he scored quite a lot of point in this episode. Quite far from the usual weak-willed, semi-perverted male lead

Mayu was a load of cute and then some, as expected. Succubus, huh ... clearly someone like Mayu is not what comes to mind with the name This almost looks like Girls Bravo reversed with immeasurably less fanservice Speaking of fanservice - the episode had considerably less of it than i expected ... or at least it wasn't intrusive enough to take note of. (Minus some very cliche moments they used to produce 'embarrassing situations' ... and i was pleasantly surprised there was no screaming/yelling/misunderstandings/ punching as a result of those) I am rather pleasantly surprised by Mayu's brother as well - instead of being the "touch her and burn in the lowest layer of hell" he doesn't mind ...same for his sister. Looks like the both 'older siblings' are more interested in early family growth

As for the "you might die should you kiss her" ... well, if we look at the OP we see a boy and a girl (a lot younger than now) kissing ... chances should be around 110% it is Mayu and Minimiya in that shot, so everything should be fine in the end (Not like the show is serious enough to think otherwise anyway ). Looks like the 'love rival' will make her appearance the next ep ... looks like the overly high and mighty ojousama type i dislike ... oh well. Her chances of winning should be around 100 below zero

Call me blind, but i don't see the bad animation people are complaining about. It looked good enough for me. My only real complaint would be the BGM, which is down right horrible and seems like something slapped on as an afterthought at best. But overall this episode was a very enjoyable one. I am sold for future viewing