View Single Post
Old 2011-08-09, 15:42   Link #9
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riga92 View Post
This...fucking...episode.

Okabe was very alpha in this episode, even if his beating of Moeka was a bit wrong.

In Moeka's past, it seems that she was lonely. No friends, and maybe even no family. It seems she lived her life with no purpose. This led her to almost committing suicide, until FB contacted her and recruited her into the Rounders.
"Wrong" would be quite subjective here. I personally felt that Okabe could even lynch her, but restrained himself with a mere punch.
Honestly, I would be lying if I pretend I didn't enjoy that part, not because it is plain violence whatsoever, but at least "some retribution". That being said, what actually was more meaningful than that punch was how Okabe knocked some sense to her: Moeka's loyalty towards FB was nothing but disturbing to be honest. Sure, she didn't got a happy-go-lucky-past whatsoever, but she has a large responsibility in her actions, and it is doubtful FB could literally brainwash her with mere short messages and the likes.

Suffice to say, she isn't completely a lost cause, but I have trouble to sympathize with her and she definitely doesn't need that I guess.