View Single Post
Old 2005-12-28, 02:41   Link #22
arias

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFool
Dude, I really have a hard time figuring out how one would answer your first question without violating your second question

A mouse is your friend. Especially one with a working left button:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=26477

Gah, since I've insulted you already, I'll indulge. The lowdown (very general):
* Upcoming anime is based on the best-selling doujin (non-professional) visual novel / game of same title. It's not really an ero-game, because it doesn't have any ero scenes, and it is a straight-through read (no choice options)
* It's a murder mystery in a small town school setting
* The appeal of the game lay with the anticipation of the next chapter (After the question chapters come the answer chapters)
I don't need to insult you, because your nick is perfect

I did check that page, but no one gave a story summary. I saw the detective, and I accidentally saw ki1980's mega-spoiler so I thought it could be along the lines of murder mystery, but I wasn't sure. Anyway, okay, I guess I get some of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
It's a combination of:

1. Suspense, mystery, and horror
2. That deals with local myths, traditions and superstitions
3. Intertwined with serial murders
4. That involves three heads of households
5. Which all began from a unpopular dam project
6. That takes place in a humble rural town
7. Set in 1983

It is highly popular as:

1. The characters are very lively and the story is absolutely brilliant
2. It reminds you of the good ol' days when there were no mobile phones or video games
3. When kids actually improvised existing games and went outside to play
4. At the same time gives importance on family and friendship
5. Which can snap and break with just a little wrong turn...

There are absolutely no selections to choose. All you do is read the text along with the visuals. But solving the mystery through acquiring hints and clues called "TIPS" is the main "gameplay" of this game. And the suspense and mystery is so intriguing, it makes people who at first scoff at this game get hooked into it.

The rest...you have to play for yourself - or at least read the manga.
Aye, I'm not up to date with manga so I'll check it out sometime. So, I guess this was what my Japanese housemate was telling me about.. a very intriguing murder mystery that was revealed in later chapters or such. Ah well.. I'll just wait for the anime to arrive, or see if anyone's scanlating the manga.
arias is offline   Reply With Quote