View Single Post
Old 2012-08-01, 21:22   Link #1720
karburator

If you don't want to get stuck up on some maps and missions don't try on hard.
And no, she is not like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by styr View Post
Serawi and Eushully-chan get that range 9 attack and also that range 3 attack that boosts str by like 20. Although at extreme levels like what you have karb you probably don't need them since most of your characters can move 9+ spaces in one turn, lol.

Lyphia has amazing holy spells+incredible AoE spell, not sure if it can match Asmo's though. Aht is another option and has 7 move base at 99 and only cost 31 units, might be an option if you have some spare but not enough for a better char. Cover III makes her a good wall for others like Yuela.

@risingstar - I didn't use deadbeat until my third playthrough, haha. I was tired of leveling new people up the normal way and said f it. Hannah went from 19 to 52 in like an hour while I whacked on the deadbeat boss with 2 training bracelet and Wil went from 55->64 while I cycled my other 1 on Yuela/Serawi/Emil and they are all 60 now starting from 54/55. Sooo easy.

I haven't finished Serawi route, finishing up ch 8 stuff now before moving to ch 9. If you are overleveled even hard mode won't be too hard except for when doing the NG+ stuff. My 2nd play was Emil and I basically skipped through it as quickly as possible ignoring most side quests, haha. I only started NG+ dungeons on my 3rd play, and when I do my 4th I'll have access to lyphia/eve, Roka, and lily.

Honestly I think the NG+ dungeons are quite challenging at times even on normal, but I'm not very hardcore and I only just recently got my first Marwen's (lol) when most of my chars were 55+. If you do your 2nd time on hard be prepared. Maybe see how the first two chapters are on hard and see if you like it? If you save during the epilogue you can reload and watch the song play again and then you can remake if need be. Before starting your second play you might want to try doing some of the extra stories (also you HAVE to get the bonus condition on these maps to unlock the chars). "Angel's melancholy" is easy and gives you access to lily when you make new game+, who is a superior version of sharty and very good. the "hot springs stories" give you leguna/stone golem as new playable characters for completing every story (all 4 of them) but neither of them are very good so i skipped them myself. angel's melancholy took me less than an hour to figure out.
I find Eushully useless even with that, never tried Serawi beyond level 40.
Actually most my characters can only move 6-7 per turn, only Mylen gets to 9 or 11.

About Lyphia, what's her attack range, and what weapon is she good with her?
I don't like Aht generally, still not over her 2 movement nightmare from the early game,
and honestly, I don't expect anything from her, she is not a NG+ character or something.
karburator is offline   Reply With Quote