View Single Post
Old 2013-04-30, 00:24   Link #33
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
Hey guys,

Everyone keeps raving about the series Evangelion, so I'm going to give it a shot in the upcoming weeks after my finals. I'm a little confused though, there's a TV series, and several "movies", with the recent 3.33 whatever, what exactly should I be watching? And how are these all connected?
Watch the TV series first from episodes 1-26, and then watch the End of Evangelion. There will be people who suggest skipping the last two episodes of the TV series, but if you do so, you will miss out on the complete experience.

Death and Rebirth is mostly a recap of the TV series, but it's not completely without value. If you want to watch it, it sits between the series and the End of Evangelion. Be aware that there's some redundant material there.

I still haven't watched the Rebuild movies yet, and I'm not convinced that I'm missing out. They're an alternate take on the same subject matter with some modern twists thrown in. Most of the changes I've heard about don't seem very compelling compared to the material in the TV series, so I might never watch them.