Thread: Licensed Mushishi
View Single Post
Old 2006-03-13, 19:14   Link #205
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucky
I would like to defend for ep. 17 -- it is imo the best episode i have seen (for all 20.... i liked the last one myself anyhow). The metaphor is beautiful (two sisters and a pair of cacoons) the emotion is controlled and the pace of story is just about right (though some may not like the ending but I think it is a good contradiction to the idea of loss)
Just to comment on this, I thought the majority of ep 17 was the extremely high quality we've come to expect of Mushishi. My only problem was the ending itself. The idea was good, but the execution was not, as it was treated too much as an afterthought, and the build up, atmosphere, etc was lacking, so it sort of fell short of being all that it could have been, had they had the time to show the conclusion properly. Other than that (in a sense, minor) down point, the rest of that episode was great. But 12 and 5 are still my favourite episodes. I'm not afraid to admit it... I cried like a little girl at episode 12. And I'm not the kind of person who cries at poorly delivered melodrama or undeveloped characters.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote