Thread: Licensed Kurokami
View Single Post
Old 2008-12-29, 18:08   Link #92
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
The first episode was a mixed bag and reading the manga really makes things worse for the anime.

Animation was very good, especially the first fight was amazing. Background art was also very well done and character designs were also well drawn and in line with the manga.

The BGM was rather disappointing, but I always get to complain when some chick begins shrieking in the middle of an action scene (like in Ga-Rei or even worse in Macross).

Now to the worst part, the characters ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroduc View Post
Please tell me Keita doesn't spend the entire damn thing angsting over his dead mother, because that's how he spent most of the episode.
This is the worst part as I feared. Anime Keita is just an emo, spineless harem and generic lead character we usually get from Sunrise (Mai-HiME, Macross, etc.)

As for the other miserable change ... what the hell did they do to Akane, I don't remember her being a such a stupid cow!

Finally, Kuro ... well it's hard to judge at this point and considering the manga she was not that impressive in the beginning.

Also a lot of new (I think) characters show up in the school, which makes me fear the worst.

Anyway it's kind of early to make a judgment, but probably I'll try to treat the adaption as much as possible by discarding the hope that it would follow the manga. At this point it seems that they change a lot stuff plot-wise, in order to avoid extensive censoring and target younger and american audiences ... it's from $unrise anyway!

And by the way, they will probably cut or significantly alter one of my favorite scenes, when ...

Spoiler for for the manga:

And let not forget ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Spoiler for ep1:
ROTL, I think some people got influenced a lot by Ga-Rei's mortality rates and CLANNAD's Mei, because when you combine the two this is what you get
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote