View Single Post
Old 2009-11-16, 23:35   Link #22092
Sol Falling

Quote:
Originally Posted by azul120 View Post
Your reason for disapproval of Kallen is faulty at the core, Sol Falling. Britannia really was at fault.

And this isn't the first time you made that kind of argument.
Britannia's fault or lack of it has nothing to do with my position on Kallen. Between external revolution (i.e. Lelouch, Kallen) and internal reform (i.e. Suzaku), the show showed neither to be absolutely correct. What was clearly indicated, however, was that Lelouch's search for vengeance was wrong--his mistrust and hatred for the royal family, and desire to take personal revenge on them for the death of his mother (including Charles), was misguided. Given that this constitutes a significant and at times even primary part of Lelouch's motivations, my 'right'/'wrong' side designation was based on whether they encouraged/discouraged this.

And yeah, this argument isn't really new. If you're familiar with it, then perhaps we can move on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostalgia View Post
I also have to say a wrong and a right side? The heroes of the anime are supposed to be Lelouch and his gang but I suppose this is matter of opinion. Britannia treated Japan horribly and if you think it's wrong to be vengeful for that and want to change it even if there are lives lost than well I'd hate to know what you think of some of the things in real life.
The 'wrong' and 'right' side I was talking about was my subjective designation. Nobody else has to choose sides at all. I'd personally categorize the only true villains of the series to be the variably featured Britannian nobles. A slightly looser definition would include Charles, Schneizel, and occasionally Lelouch. Everybody else was a protagonist ('hero') on some level.

And the vengeance I was talking about was Lelouch's personal one. Although I do think revenge is a bit of a dead end in general.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote