View Single Post
Old 2010-06-18, 04:01   Link #11254
Oliver
Back off, I'm a scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Furthermore, the Winchesters are somewhat difficult weapons to conceal, even taking into account their compact size. A revolver or pistol, however, could easily be hidden under someone's suit jacket or, say, lab coat.

For the murders so far to make sense, someone has to be carrying a gun that's as yet unaccounted for.
Actually, I'm not sure. I'm not yet done looking up the correct wound profile, but I've found that .45 ACP round is supposed to be very ballistically similar to the .45 Long Colt round that Kinzo's Winchesters are said to be chambered for in TIPS. Here's the wound profile from two different variations:

Notice the lack of expansion and the small entry and exit holes.

According to my forensic pathology textbook, exit wounds are normally bigger in cases where a bullet penetrates an organ that is gel-like or liquid (like the brain) because in this case, the hydrostatic pressure wave expands in a cone, but we somehow never see the exit wounds at all. It is not very likely that Kinzo would have hollowpoints, which would actually tear people's heads off and produce all kinds of damage on exit, and normal jacketed bullets of this type seem to have the effect of a long range 2-3cm thick needle. Just the right size to plug with a stake.

For comparison, see what happens to 12 gauge buckshot:

(images found at http://www.firearmstactical.com/wound.htm )

This link has been determined hazardous for the spoiler averse
by the Department of Education.
(updated 2010-08-24)
Oliver is offline   Reply With Quote