Old 2011-01-20, 15:20   Link #54
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaze View Post
Woah, where did you see this?
Got a link somewhere?

Looking forward to see the AI get improved.
I've only seen how they improve in a battle and siege type of situation, not sure on the diplomacy yet. I don't believe they ever show how the AI works in trailers based on campaign diplomacy dont they? If you want to see a siege and a battlefield video on how they plan to make the AI play as, then I can provide one.

Quote:
Empire and Napoleon total war was total war alright, especially if EVERY god damn AI in the GAME declares war on you for NO reason

I mean, I was playing as the Knights of St. John (Malta) and even INDIA and the friggin' NATIVES in Canada were declaring war on me.
Well atleast not specifically "all" the AI are declaring war at you all at once

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
Hooves, generals are useful for more than just boosting morale. A charge from a general unit at the right time from the right angle can make the entire enemy line break up and flee. But personalizing them with experience where you pick the specialization is definitely cool... kind of reminds me of Civ IV. They just need to stay alive long enough for this to matter. I am hoping for at least the option of four turns per year.
I was referring to how they used generals during Empire and Napoleon Total War where they are completely useless compared to what the generals were like during Rome and Medieval 2 Total War. I'm going to guess generals are back at top strength like they used to again? But since generals are going to be more valuable then what they used to in all Total War games. I'm probably going to take the defensive when I decide what to do with my general.