View Single Post
Old 2012-06-11, 06:06   Link #117
Zuul

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketyson View Post
Triple R: I've been saying for a few weeks now it's probably something like what you're calling the deconstruction, with the note that they've seemingly been afraid to go too far on that -- probably to keep it from being unwatchable -- but thereby diluting it, much to its detriment.

I've stopped really wanting to talk about that angle because it seems like it kicks off waves of arguing over which characters are the worst-behaved. I'm only stepping in on it again to say I think the deconstruction is still my take on it, not the sincere thing done poorly.

To be clear, I'm not calling it a deconstruction per se, just something like that idea. I think it's more the main trio are supposed to have been acting in ways that're not that great, and the good guys will come to realize this by the end. EG: it's not one long struggle that's finally successful, it's more a lot of flailing around and doing it wrong before figuring out what doing it right would be.

kuromitsu: still, Alisia could've at least left him a note. Nothing too detailed if she has to keep Altair's existence a secret, just something. Also, I can half-see some endings that'd have them claiming everything will fall in place, but there're so many loose threads in this show I bet there'll be some they forget about. Donar, I'm looking in your general direction.

If they were to make an OVA I would like them to reconstruct it all. I'd rather have a more predictable show which I don't feel butthurt about.

And please no Zessica suffering, and less everything revolving around Mikono.