View Single Post
Old 2011-10-08, 23:51   Link #270
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
One thing I would add to that is that Baccano's highly unconventional plot structure may have been a sales limiter (i.e. made it hard for some viewers to get into), whereas Durarara's plot structure was more conventional here.
I remember having that issue with Baccano the first time I saw it, and I clearly remember a friend of mine at the time voicing similar comments when it first started airing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I do think that going head-to-head with Usagi Drop may have hurt Croisee sales-wise, which in fairness goes back to RelentlessFlame's point of timing sometimes playing a role in sales success or sales failure.

I do think the two shows appeal to the same customers, and so direct comparisons may have factored into purchasing choices.
Somehow I completely forgot about that potential wrench. Slightly annoying to me in that while I like Usagi Drop, its not favourite list material the way Ikoku Meiro is.

I've noticed this on a couple occassions, actually... often when you look at two shows with what appear to be somewhat similar appeals, you'll find one ends up being the decisive winner in sales. Not always, but it happens.

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.
0utf0xZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote