Thread: Xbox One
View Single Post
Old 2013-09-03, 14:43   Link #2194
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
If they do release Halo 5 next year and it is not ready, it would be a slap in the face to loyal customers and be more destructive for them later on. Even if they announce Gears of War for next year, doubt it would even change the perception. Fable may bring some excitement, but not enough to turn the gears back in their favor.
I don't really think that the shape of Halo will be all that important. Microsoft's main problem is going to be from launch to March 2014. The launch itself is going to be a real fight to get all the promised features up and running, to get performance to decent standards, to get games finished, and to ship sufficient units. Microsoft has already failed at several of these, and it's likely that they'll fail at more.

After that, the Xbone doesn't have much in the way of follow-up games until Titanfall hits in May-June. As Microsoft resorted to announcing games at E3 that don't even have titles yet, it's likely that anything else they're up to are going to be 2015 titles. In the PS4 camp, they'll have lots and lots of indie and Free-to-Play titles in that same period, with Infamous and probably the Order. And Sony will be continually announcing all of the new titles that they haven't even been hinting at throughout this entire period. I wouldn't be too surprised if the Xbone is considered an also-ran even before Titanfall lands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Just a small correction: I believe the rights to Alan Wake are still with Remedy, not with Microsoft. It was published by Microsoft Game Studios (hence mandatory 360 exclusivity) but it was simply a publishing deal and not an IP buy.
I believe that Gears of War belongs to Epic as well. It's just that these titles are associated with Microsoft, and they have some prominence. To be fair, it's indicative of just how big Sony's advantage is in internal IPs: Gran Turismo, God of War, Uncharted, Jak and Daxter, Rachet and Clank, Little Big Planet, the Last of Us, Infamous, and on and on.