View Single Post
Old 2009-04-11, 10:22   Link #92
kari-no-sugata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Luffy defeating Magellan and Shiryuu? He can't even beat Magellan alone (he was defeated with ease if you recall), so do you really expect him to be able to handle both of them?
Given that Magellan was brought to his knees with one hit from a hungry Luffy, I wouldn't say "with ease" is the best description. Compare this to Luffy's first fight with Crocodile or Lucci. The main problem Luffy has with Magellan is he can't hurt Magellan without hurting himself due to the poison. But that's something that could be solved with some thick rubber gloves or some other protective coating (Mr 3's wax would come in handy right about now). Luffy doesn't need a Haki power-up to defeat Magellan, though it would obviously help.

Putting it another way, I don't think Iwa is suicidal - he's certainly capable of rational thought and planning. I doubt he'd think he could break out Ace without having to get past Magellan. So either he thinks he can take on Magellan himself or has a plan to help Luffy take him on or something along those lines.

Anyway... I think "today" is going to be a long day for Luffy. Fighting Magellan again isn't likely to be his biggest problem.