Old 2007-09-05, 15:41   Link #11
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by rave_master16 View Post
I installed the game in the install disk
Then when it said insert the game disk I inserted it but
when I click play... It said to insert the correct cd... but it's the game disk
He's using a physical disc, so the question would then become whether he burned them himself or whether they're the legit discs. And the forum doesn't endorse us helping him if it's a case of the former, so don't bother answering.

Is it an English-language version of the game, or a Japanese-language version? If it's Japanese, do the steps that Zero Shinohara mentioned to install Japanese, but perform an additional step: in the Regional and Language Settings, go to the Advanced Tab and select Japanese as the language for non-Unicode programs (it's in the top-most section called "Language for non-Unicode programs" - ignore the code page conversion tables). Note that doing this may mess up some default fonts on a few programs, and your backslashes will look like yen symbols to you under most fonts (others will still see them as backslashes though).

The alternative, as others mentioned, is to use Applocale with the Japanese language setting on specific programs only. However, if Windows isn't able to read a physical disc properly (likely due to Japanese characters in the filename), then you have no choice but to set non-Unicode support at the OS level, and not just the application level.