View Single Post
Old 2010-11-29, 19:20   Link #276
Hoodspirit

If there will be an incest ending or not depends mostly on the authors thoughts about it.
It is not such a great taboo as many think it to be, as a lot of advanced countries dropped it as criminal act and view it as a persons freedom to choose (as long as other laws like influencing of none-adults do not kick in). Also it is a fictional story, and incest is not uncommon in those (even mentioned in Volume 2). It does not have to happen but saying it is impossible, goes a bit far with just bringing up 'mainstream' and targeted audience. Volume 3 had displayed middle school girls writing about rape and sex slaves and watching Boys Love Animes.
With the ending of Volume 7 being a major cliffhanger the novel could go anywhere. Personally I found it strange that Ruri denies information from the phone call between Kirino and her. We also have no direct speech by Kyousuke about the couple thing, first girlfriend of his life. There is also no chance for Kyousuke not to know about Kirinos feelings after the Mikagami-incident. So it could go anywhere from a shocked Kyousuke, being dropped by Ruri after she finds out that he lost his passion without Kirino's energy used as fuel to happy couple solving some problems along the way.
Personally I think the couple thing comes to early taking a lot of drama out of the series if it stays like this and without some drama points the story would just flatten out over the last 1-2 volumes. So I see a Kirino route more likely, as we have yet to experience the after effects of the Mikagami-incident, involving even the parents now. So it has the most potential in it, doctrin by parents, Kyousuke isolating himself/being under shock, Kirino snapping him out of it or Kirino getting more issues withher health ect. Also we do not have a build up rival who could step in right in time before Kyousuke goes to university.

My main hope for the next Volume is mainly that the past will be explained, as it is often immediately dropped as theme whenever it comes up.

[Edit]: Yes, Episode 9 was very nice for LN readers, and as the author did the script for this episode it almost seems like the apology for last weeks joke-episode^^ We have some resemblance for volume 6 and 7 and for people who want to have hints for their relationship will find them. New open route after tsundere was cleared, Kirino sticking to her path, Kyousuke and Ruri having trivial contact this early, ect.
Hoodspirit is offline   Reply With Quote