View Single Post
Old 2013-07-09, 07:27   Link #32504
Drifloon

As I've said before, the arguments used by Rosatrice supporters to claim that Shkanontrice is "impossible" are all built on the assumption that the red truth must be taken absolutely literally, and that terms like 'people' must have a single consistent definition that applies to every single red statement made throughout the series. KNM's entire video series is built on this assumption, but I really don't know where it comes from. There's no reason to think that Ryukishi is particularly concerned with being absolutely logically consistent, and the whole point of a lot of Chiru was that he wants the readers to look for the bigger picture, the "heart", rather than becoming preoccupied with little details in closed room puzzles and coming to clear, unambiguous definitions for everything.

I honestly don't understand what it is people even see in Rosatrice in the first place. Even if they do believe that Shkanontrice is "full of holes", by the same standards Rosatrice must be as well. Given a choice between two explanations that are full of holes, it would make much more sense to take the one that's thematically consistent and makes for a much better story, as well as a much more interesting and three-dimensional culprit. But I think the source of a lot of this confusion is probably simply that a lot of Rosatrice supporters just don't remember the series that well when they watch KNM's videos, and have to rely on his own extremely biased summaries to remind them of the details.

To anyone who seriously believes in Rosatrice, I'd ask them to just reread the second half of EP7 with KNM's theory in mind. I genuinely feel that it would be completely impossible for anyone to do that and come out of it at the end still thinking that Rosatrice makes any sense.
Drifloon is offline   Reply With Quote