View Single Post
Old 2012-06-15, 17:38   Link #212
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OPN View Post
Is it possible for those who have not played the original VN or know nothing about the story of muv love and still be able to enjoy alternative?
Uh... What? Are you talking about whether its possible to skip Muv-Luv (Extra/Unlimited) and enjoy Alternative by itself? Then no.

However, if you meant not being familiar with the main trilogy (Extra, Unlimited, and Alternative), and want to know if it's possible to enjoy Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse, then it should be possible. Kouki himself confirmed that they plan to make the anime friendly to the newcomers as well. However, you won't get the most satisfying experience considering that the staff plans to make references here and there regarding the main trilogy. They're fans too of the franchise so I'm not surprised. So technically, you won't get to scream out of delight as much as the VN readers when such scenes shows up.

Heck, I don't know about the others, but I squealed like a little girl when I saw the Takemikazuchi and the violet-haired girl in the pv. Mind you, I was horrified by the latter, but I can get used to the "new" design... I think.

You have two weeks or so. If you have the time, I think you should read the novels first before jumping in to Total Eclipse. Just my two cents.
Silvance is offline   Reply With Quote