View Single Post
Old 2013-02-17, 12:39   Link #164
garbage

well i was about to reply but GoldenLand & others pretty much sums most of it.

just 2 other details I would like to emphasize:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qilin View Post
Well, the difference here is that these individual minds are no longer bound by physical desires...
that was never said or even implied in the show. they are not keep it an isolated box/vacuum sealed from society, they do have time outside , vacations if you may when they assume the "director". in fact that is why I brought up the hunter,.The hunter stated that their Cybernetics were good enough to replace every part of the body except the brain, therefore they do have ways to feel, see, touch , taste, appreciate art,or whatever physical things humans do ( hmm not sure about sex but well if they stimulate that part of the brain why not ). They do experience the outside world during their turn. So where's does the "no longer bound by physical desires come in?
2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qilin View Post
governance truly involves existing above and beyond the system to begin with.
this I wholeheartedly disagree, the worst Leaders you can think of are those that picture themselves as "beyond the system" or "above the Law". Cause how would they even know what would be good for Society & the people, and don't even experience it.That would not be governing, that would be playing god. society is not the buildings & the roads, and even the land where they are. It's the people. Governing, being a Leader is FAR FAR more than the "logic" of it, good leaders do not exist apart from their followers. Even by experience personal or otherwise (just look around). no one would get a class president in school who is not even part of the class, no one would get a coach who does not even know how to play the game& have played it.