View Single Post
Old 2011-03-31, 02:54   Link #2121
Snork
Twilight lander

Send a message via ICQ to Snork
Quote:
so there's a chance he doesn't even understand Kyubey
there's a chance Kyuubey doesn't even quite understands hiimself/themselves.

Quote:
The idea that Kyubey is a force of nature stems from the impression that nature itself is impartial and objective - nature lacks emotion.
Well, I personally don't see Kyuubey as a force of nature, my point is that he seems to be pulling off that impression. I could even go as far as to suspect that his whole lecture in ep 9 might have been about this. Yes, audience-san, this IS a villain of the show, but he's dealing with far greater goals, he does not percieve evil, he even fails to feel emotions and ACT like your traditional villain - so turning this show into an anti-Kyuubey crusade would be pointless. That's the message I have an impression of getting back there. Of course, we still have two episodes, and the script obviously doesn't waste these on beaches and onsens, so I still expect a solid pack of info.

Quote:
I think that Kyubey has one last revelation to share with Madoka, given that all Kyubey does in this anime is talk.
It'll be ironic if he ends up being the one to inform Madoka of Homura's origin and goals. Which can be possible if he decides to play a shameless gambit: "So, basically, this girl is trying her best to save you, and she is determined to face Walpurgisnacht alone to protect you, but she stands no chance and will most likely meet her death in this unassisted battle... too bad, huh?" /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
Snork is offline   Reply With Quote