View Single Post
Old 2012-09-15, 10:07   Link #1223
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
This goes beyond shipping preferences for me - This is just seriously bad writing, full-stop. Like you yourself say it will probably be a stupid as hell solution, and the thought that a key element of the main romance of an eroge adaptation involves a stupid as hell solution... Well, that's not exactly something to be happy about, is it?
Honestly, I think you're becoming a bit too invested in this point of view. I really have no idea if the anime will go for a romantic Chisato ending in this show or not. But, I really don't think her issues are as devastating to her as you think. Basically, she is co-dependent on Yuuki. Both in real life and in fiction, relationships are formed with co-dependent people all the time when the other partner loves them. But, the other partner can't put up with their co-dependent behaviour in that sort of relationship; they have to constantly be like "no, stop that". This is exactly what Yuuki has been doing over and over to Chisato. He's trying to help her grow out of her trauma without just giving up on her because, whether it's romantic or not, he does love her.

A lot of people have various trauma and psychological issues, and not all of them get psychiatric help or follow what we think are the "proper steps" to get resolution. A lot of these people are in relationships, and their partner helps them get over whatever problems they have. Is that difficult? Is that frustrating? Does that take time? Absolutely. But, if you love someone, you'll walk along side them through whatever they're going through, even if you have to establish and reinforce your barriers to help them.

So, if they were to get into a relationship and all of a sudden all of Chisato's issues are swept under the rug like nothing happened? Okay, sure, bad writing. But that isn't the only option we have here in the anime. Let's at least wait to see what happens before we keep beating the straw man.