Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2010-03-15, 15:07   Link #6544
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mg1942 View Post
Had this country been founded by the pizzeria bombers, Buddhists, or perhaps Hindus, said Christian parents would have to suck it up and accept the fact that the history of this country IS what it IS. Good luck going to Indonesia and telling them you don't want your kid hearing Allah's name. Had this country been founded by atheists, said Chistian parents would aLso have to suck it up, and tell little Johnny to stand up, be respectful of others, and keep his yap shut for 45 seconds or so every morning.
The "under God" bit is a relatively recent addition, unrelated to the founding of your country. If it was added 50 years ago because of the cold war, it can be taken off now that it's over, can't it? Heck, you're supposedly a free, democratic country. Why would they have to "suck it up"? It's their right to campaign for whatever they want.

I'd also like to note that France is a Christian country. It's been called the [Roman Catholic] Church's little sister. But we sure as hell don't bring up God on every occasion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
Here's my take - why the hell are children at ages where they are more or less incapable of thinking for themselves being forced to pledge their allegiance to the country? Sounds like a bunch of horseshit to me, secular or religious.
Agreed.