View Single Post
Old 2012-07-01, 07:45   Link #3314
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Ah, see, this is one theory the fourth ending pretty much smashed. The whole "The reapers win because the crucible is one elaborate reaper plot" theory was reliant on the crucible being a trick to prevent the organics from realizing that we could beat them the hard way.

But as the fourth ending shows, the reapers did not need this crucible trickery to win. At all.

So why the choices?
The Crucible is a way to give the Reapers what THEY wanted. And they tricked us to help them build it. This explains why they had spies everywhere, but did nothing to stop the construction.

As I say, it offers destruction of synthetics or the absorption of Shepard into their ranks. Both are to their benefit. We spend the entire game building something for them. I suspect that the Control method is actually the most ideal for the Reapers.
Quote:
Fun thing about synthetics: We can build more. Hell, even the star child acknowledges this. How is this possibly a victory for the reapers?
The Reapers want the Synthetics dead. This is their hard wired, illogical goal. Their entire logic is retarded to begin with.
However, "We can build more" is not making any sense. You only say that if you assume it doesn't matter that the Geth dies. One way or another, you killed the synthetics because the Reapers ordered you to.
The Reapers are retarded enough that I can believe they don't think their own annihilation matters. As long as they get to kill synthetics in the process. Thus, a victory to the Reapers.

Or more accurately, the Reapers used YOU to kill the Synthetics. You work for them. That is a greater victory more than anything else.