View Single Post
Old 2009-08-16, 23:00   Link #99
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
Oh I am responding to the general criticism about the series...Sometimes it's the first impression that got into ppl's minds...I was in similar situation before, I could hardly accept those novel-turned-into-drama or novel-turned-into-movie...Every time when something goes differently, I immediately think the novel is better, provided that I read the novel before those dramas or movies

about Faldio, like I said, I don't know what kind of book he is reading, and i think he was going so close to be insane at that moment...so you can't really predict the next step from a guy in abnormal state..so does the scene feel rush, probably, but it's not really that unexplainable in my opinion
I guess we were all patient enough to see how they would adapt the material into anime. But after 20 episodes, I don't think there is enough for M. Yokote to redeem himself from the mess he left after taking so many liberties going against the essence of the original game. If you read what I wrote earlier today, you'll know why I am particularly disappointed with this screenwriter as well as why I am not optimistic about how this will end.

As Tak wrote earlier, this is supposed to be depicting war involving young adults with the maturity/rationality that goes with it rather than characters looking like "high school rejects" (to quote him). I don't know what was the purpose of drastically changing characters, but all I know so far is this: leaving the game's screenwriter out of the picture opened the door to changes which led to the overall mess we are in right now. Yokote lost of sight the essence and most important themes of the original story anyway.

If Faldio is so mad about losing his squad, why not depict him going into a killing frenzy of Imperial soldiers (cutting throats and scalping their heads if he has to) if that can vent his frustration somewhere else? At least, keep the irrational part for the enemy . Meanwhile, shooting Alicia could have been done with required rationality and from a mile out as it originally was.