View Single Post
Old 2011-09-02, 16:45   Link #1061
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

RRR, if you read my blog you know I said the next episode is likely going to be the critical one in determining whether this show succeeds or fails - so I certainly agree 100% with you there.

In terms of Shouma's death being a catalyst for a transformation in Ringo, than frankly wouldn't give me a whole lot of satisfaction. Ringo did nothing to deserve salvation, especially at the cost of the life of a far better person than she. Now if ikuhara is going for a kind of nihilist, "no justice" view of the universe, that would certainly be an effective way of illustrating the point.

It would be a bold move indeed to kill off the only character in the series that's both sensible and decent (I can't count Himari and Tabuki as they're basically mannequins at this stage). Really, only Ringo and Shouma have gotten significant development so far, and Ringo is at best an anti-hero. But Ikuhara is certainly capable of boldness, and his track record isn't that of a guy who normally likes sympathetic protagonists, so it's definitely possible. I'd still guess Shouma isn't dead, though I'd expect the question to be dragged out for at least an episode or two.