Thread: Macross - Q & A
View Single Post
Old 2012-09-08, 16:06   Link #783
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!

First, Macross has never used nukes. The translators for episode 14 screwed up and said nukes. Now I could see bombs but nukes? Never.

Second, the specifics for the islands have always been left out. If you view the whole ship from above, like in episode 1, you can probably piece together what islands do what by the scenery. In my opinion, Macross is all about the things you don't learn.

For me, in my fanfic, I didn't focus too much on those missing specifics because no matter how much research I do, I won't find any specifics for the other islands. So I inserted purposes to the islands based on their view from above in the episodes aired. For instance, I made Island 6 a resort island, for it has beautiful green grass and is covered with buildings, making it appear to be where people would take vacations. Island 12 is the island for celebrities, where Sheryl is currently living in later chapters. The other islands are undecided yet, as I am still taking in their scenery and attaching a purpose to them. But various islands are just for adding supplies back into the ship just like the earth does for us. I know of one military base besides Island 3, and its just under Island 5 (shown in episode 17). Island 1 is the mainland, the home.

As far as I know in the discussion of islands, Island 1 being split with part of Shanghai was mentioned in the movie, Tak.