View Single Post
Old 2011-07-21, 09:02   Link #204
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn Beaver View Post
Well, maybe the fact that this is pure comedy may have something to do with it. Haruhi, Index, Monogatari and Durarara has a unique setting and intricate plot that can be explored, Ore Imo is mostly normal but there's a lot of posts just about the Kirino controversy and bit of a shipping war. Even IS has posts about the mecha and stuff, most of it is Charlotte though.

Problem with Baka Test so far is that it doesn't really offer something new or fresh. The first time there's a lot of talk about the jokes about how Hideyoshi is Hideyoshi, or Shouko tasering or Himeji cooking, but right now we've already talked about it plenty. That's my problem with the last two episodes actually, it's like I've seen the jokes before so it got kinda old, I'm hoping it will change when we get back to school. The refreshing part was just Aiko.
Indeed, it's not surprising BakaTest is less popular than all those other Light Novel series considering it's only comedy, but I am still a bit puzzled by the decrease in posting here. This might have to with the lack of novelty as you said. Even I have to admit there isn't a lot to discuss so far, since it's just been more of the same. Still, I would have thought more people would have commented on the first episode at least.

In BakaTest's case, more of the same is fine by me, I haven't tired of the jokes yet. Hell, I could watch an entire episode about Shouko tasing people.