View Single Post
Old 2012-11-22, 12:01   Link #1032
Mazyrian

Finished Little Busters! (Converted Edition particularly) a little while ago. My final thoughts are not in general very different from what others have said.
The common trunk is great. The comedy is hilarious; I actually preferred to see the interactions with the male friends than with the heroines. The gameplay is also fun; the battle ranking got old fast, but I kept playing the baseball game for most of the replays (and even managed to not totally suck at it).
The routes are... somewhat nice. Liked Mio and Komari (the most Key-ish ones). Kud has maybe the best romance but then far too much drama. Haruka has similar problems, though it does hit harder emotionally (it did kept me raging hard); it does drag a little, though. Kurugaya is hard to judge by itself, as is Rin. Rin did went off in a unexpected (and interesting) direction.
Refrain is great again; however, though a particular scene managed to tear me up, overall I'd say that After Story packs more punch.
Still, even if only by the common trunk and Refrain, this becomes at least a Great tier VN.
And about the EX routes:
Sasami was nice; Sasami herself turned out much cuter than I had expected, especially considering she's a character type I'm not very fond of. However, her story makes the main story lose a bit of impact.
Kanata was a (worse) rehash of Haruka.
And Saya started slow but then became the best heroine route of the whole game; and unlike Sasami, it fitted really neat in the overall world.