View Single Post
Old 2015-01-13, 16:46   Link #12
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhomochevsky View Post
The only obvious thing about uTorrent, which might allow for a possible virus attack, is that they are showing 3rd party advertisements in the client.

I agree on this. Later released versions of Utorrent have these ads and the instal asks you to install 3rd party programs you do not really need. These programs get sneaked in by showing no other option but agreeing to the licensing of the 3rd party program though in many cases you can still pass it without agreeing and so avoid those programs.

A second thing is that the biggest danger from downloading is that you yourself pick the wrong torrents to download. My friend once complained about a virus and I found that he had literally downloaded The.Hobbit.exe thinking it was the movie but ofc it wasn't. Always read comments and use common sense, if you can't do that then don't start torrenting I'd say.

As for an add free version: I still use the old Utorrent 2.2.1 which was the last version before all the useless extensions and adds. You can still find it online, though nowadays there are plenty other clients that are add free as well.
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote