View Single Post
Old 2010-07-25, 14:39   Link #14570
Judoh
Mystery buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylon99 View Post
Actually, he's on the list because he was the one to retrieve Battler with a forehead-to-ground apology. Not something you normally do, even for your son.
Oh right I forgot about that. I guess that's a good way to explain that, but are sure there's nothing else that could explain it besides a conspiracy to fake his death? I just think he'd have to be threatened or bribed pretty badly to agree to something like that. if that's why then Rudolf is being pretty selfish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylon99 View Post
Battler's survival in all twilights for EP1-5 is pretty low (enough for a mystery novel) enough to show that the Epitaph fakers are interested in him. So it's most likely Rudolf was asked by the Epitaph fakers to get him back rather than them deciding to just wait and see if Battler would bother coming back himself. Not likely unless their situation was solved.
You keep saying that, but have you actually compared it to the survival rates in other mystery novels to make sure? I get the impression that the detective and the Doctor are needed for a majority of the story in a lot of mystery novels for narrative convenience. Mostly so we have people to discover and inspect the crime scenes. So it'd be natural for them not to be the first few people that are murdered.

Last edited by Judoh; 2010-07-25 at 14:55.
Judoh is offline   Reply With Quote