Thread: Licensed Bakuman
View Single Post
Old 2012-03-01, 16:29   Link #2690
amasposu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
if a pink stripe elephant show up as Luffy's new crew member i wouldn't have any problem with it. Why because that is the world Oda had built in One piece. With Bakuman, the world it built is a lot closer to real life. When it is that close i expect a certain level of realism in it.
It is not like this kind of development is unexpected. Unlike Death Note, it is quite obvious that Ohba-sensei is shooting for a happy ending in Bakuman.

I don't want to get too far into this because you clearly do not agree with this story development. Let's look at Nanamine's arcs though, none of Nanamine's arcs are anything close to real life. The same goes for Nizuma; his character is far from realistic. The world of Bakuman is nothing close to real life.

Of course, even in real life, having a boyfriend doesn't mean your career is 100% over. Let's use the more extreme Aya Hirano example that a few people were talking about, guess what, she is STILL in the business. Even after her sex scandals, she survives. She was voice acting for Gintama a few weeks ago. Azuki's situation is certainly not worst than Hirano's. If Hirano can survive in real life, Azuki should be able to survive in a manga like Bakuman.

Let's use an even more extreme example. Tina Yuzuki, aka Rio, freaking does JAV (yes, she does pr0n) and Sega uses her to promote their video game. Yes, Sega is using her despite the fact that she is a pr0n actress. Azuki's situation certainly isn't worse than being a pr0n actress.

Yes. There are "some" fans who are outraged when the pop idols they worship are revealed to have boyfriends. But there are ALSO fans who do not mind. That's because idols are humans who are capable of love too. Creepy fans who burn the CDs of the pop idols they worship, or threaten to kill them, tend to be in "narrow-minded" extremely otaku communities like 2CH. So then, what part of Azuki's situation is unrealistic? According to extremely otaku communities like 2CH?

(In the end, I went deeper into it than I expected. >_>;;;)