View Single Post
Old 2008-09-24, 22:43   Link #230
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
Quote:
Originally Posted by mg1942 View Post
Rear solid axle in mustangs must be removed 1st. This is Mustang's weakest link.
Yeah, that's why an FR500C won it's first Grand Am race running that "weak" rear solid axle...

Yes, there are benefits and trade-offs between the GT's regular rear solid axle and something like the SVT Cobra's IRS, but that doesn't mean a rear solid axle is incapable of potential with some modifications and engineering; The only people that wouldn't think so are those still stuck in a 1980s technological mindset or are just arrogant...

I strongly emphasize against those with both an antiquated and arrogant mindset...For a little 101, here's a quick run-down by a Nov. 2004 issue of Motor Trend on the S-197 Mustang's rear axle, showing that it isn't just a normal same-old rear axle, but that Ford engineers have actually changed and improved on the geometric design to make it more efficient... (Mag scan in spoiler for size)

Spoiler for Motor Trend scan on Mustang rear axle:
"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote