View Single Post
Old 2010-12-02, 22:42   Link #523
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

The one thing I'm wary of when seeing OC's in fanfiction is the possibility of authors making them into overpowered Mary Sue's, which happens way too often. Making Akemi instantly into a Level 5.5 (which should be around the level Accel himself is around considering that he gets stronger throughout the series) is pretty much overdoing it in my eyes.

It was shown from the Radio Noise experiment that clones have inferior abilities compared to the original and that it is not possible to create a Level 5 from an artificial being. It was shown in Railgun that having more than one ability (Dual Skill) is not possible. From the May Project of Darkness experiment it was shown that it is not possible to clone Accelerator or his powers. Cloning humans is a very difficult thing to do, and it's not like any random person on the street is able to be cloned. Just being able to pull it off with Mikoto was a miracle, so you can't throw a bunch of chromosomes together from high ranking ESPers and expect the abilities to transfer.

Balance is an important thing to consider when writing a story. Weaknesses, not only strengths, define a character.

I feel bad for saying all of this, but my literary critic side has exploded from seeing so much wasted potential in fanfiction. I apologise if my rant has hurt your feelings in any way.