View Single Post
Old 2013-02-14, 14:10   Link #66
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artimus_Prime View Post
the senju are the yang to the uchiha yin. their inheritance from the sage or 10tails jinchuriki is physical chakra and vitality which i have assumed meant large chakra stores that make them very powerful nature manipulators.
i agree that that seems to be it, but it isn't enough for me to accept them as the uchiha's rival. having a strong body isn't enough to counteract top tier genjutsu or amaterasu or susano'o, etc... just look at how naruto falls for genjutsu so easily and chakra and vitality are his specialty

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
I can understand your point.
Maybe the Senju posess some sort of immunity to the Sharingan. This would at least make them kind of equal to the Uchiha and could explain why they looked Sasuke directly into the eyes completely carefree.
yes, i would like some kind of explanation like this. tobirama just looked right into the MS like it was nothing. having a lot of chakra or stamina does not account for that attitude

Quote:
About the stamina and chakra: Wasn't this supposed to be a trait of the Uzumaki? So Hashirama's wife/Tsunade's grandmother?
yea, that's why the senju seem off to me. the uzumakis are the ones who are good at sealing techs and have the chakra and vitality. the sarutobis are the ones who master all sorts of techniques. the senju need at least one unique thing that they excel at in order for them to be believable as the uchiha's rival. just my opinion of course, but they are way too lacking in explanation for me. i hope this current conversation continues for a while despite some people being bored by it. even though it was lame, i really liked the explanation of the uchiha and the sharingan. i am hoping for a similar revelation about the senju to make sense of their history

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticNinjaJay View Post
[Orochimaru] learned everything Kabuto knew, including about the Zetsu implanted on Sasuke (no doubt he also has the Snake sage powers Kabuto acquired).
i halfway doubt it. the snake sage technique requires a special body that kabuto got through dna manipulation from juugo. orochimaru wanted sasukes body for this purpose. since nothing should have really changed in orochi, unless he assimilated juugo's cells when he pulled his chakra out of kabuto, then he should still be unable to use snake sage mode. of course kishi can write it either way at this point. it's 50/50
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote