View Single Post
Old 2010-03-24, 05:03   Link #73
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosPaladin View Post
i think u still got to look at the situation, even though WB crew is making a retreat now, tt is because it is under the order of WB. if they are forced into a corner, i believe they will put up one hell of a good fight and take most of marine down with them. they have nothing to lose already with their pops already gone. the marines on the other hand still got families and this difference in determination will change the outcome.

i agree with coby that they shld know when to stop. if their casualties are low, by all means go chase after WB crew. but now they are like fighting on 2 fronts, WB crew and BB crew. history has told us tt fighting on 2 fronts are pure suicidal, hitler germany lost because he is crazy enough to try to attack soviet union and opening 2 fronts
Possibly, but frankly I don't see that, I don't see them willing to fight to the death as right now most of the concern is with escaping. Personally I think what Aokiji was stupid, he should open a small path for them to escape and let the Whitebeards have it when they do try to escape. Then chase down the remaining survivors.

I could understand it if Coby was speaking from a strategic point of view, but his not, his making a speech based primarly on the fact that "Whitebeard Pirates = Good, Marines = Bad" and why would he join the Marines if he thought like that. When people are accusing the marines of war crimes for killing enemy combatants than you need to look at the world in a different view.

Personally my biggest worries is that Oda is going to simply write the story as "Pirates = Good, Marines = Bad" when he has made several pirates evil like Arlong and Crocodile, so that ship has sailed 50 volumes ago.