View Single Post
Old 2010-03-24, 05:43   Link #75
Orath
Gunpla newborn

Send a message via MSN to Orath
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
Possibly, but frankly I don't see that, I don't see them willing to fight to the death as right now most of the concern is with escaping. Personally I think what Aokiji was stupid, he should open a small path for them to escape and let the Whitebeards have it when they do try to escape. Then chase down the remaining survivors.

I could understand it if Coby was speaking from a strategic point of view, but his not, his making a speech based primarly on the fact that "Whitebeard Pirates = Good, Marines = Bad" and why would he join the Marines if he thought like that. When people are accusing the marines of war crimes for killing enemy combatants than you need to look at the world in a different view.

Personally my biggest worries is that Oda is going to simply write the story as "Pirates = Good, Marines = Bad" when he has made several pirates evil like Arlong and Crocodile, so that ship has sailed 50 volumes ago.
Actually if you look closer into the story, there was never been "Pirates = good, Marines = bad". We got Mariners who have strong sense of justice like Smoker Garp and Coby, Mariners who are good in heart but confused like Aokiji and Hina, Mariners who are extremist like Sengoku and Akainu.

The same can be said for pirates, some of them pillage and destroy, some of them only do it for adventure and some are peacekeeping.

The whole thing is a bag full with mixed interests. There is no black and white. its just a big gray area.