View Single Post
Old 2013-08-12, 13:18   Link #8602
Deadpool2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirayuki View Post
Nobody denied his accusation.
Which only proves the show doesn't CARE who did it.

Quote:
And he was the one observing the incident in close vicinity.
No closer than WE were.

Quote:
And the one who planned and implemented the RetCon are those two.
And until the RetCon airs, it will remain vague.

They CAN change it, but not at will. What they CAN do is say that they intended it to be clear. That, they can do more or less at will. It won't actually BE clear until it airs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
You don't like your ridiculous argument used against you? Who'd've thought.

Are you done trying to wash the blood off Kira's hands? Because the more this goes on, the more it becomes apparent. You don't like anything negative being applied to him even if it canonically happens, and it's gotten to the point that you're arguing about the most trivial things to try and prove it.
False equivalency, strawmanning, ad hominem... Are you just going down the list of argumentative fallacies on purpose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znozzy View Post
Yes, if you want to call something vague, that entire scene is vague regarding what caused the huge explosion, the Tannhauser blast, the Freedom's reactor going critical (Which wouldn't have been that big of a boom either way, a nuclear reactor doesn't work like a nuclear bomb) Or if it's one of the Arch Angel's engines being detonated.
Yes, the animation isn't super clear, although someone showed a picture of the whole Tanhausser thing that does help.

Still, how does proving that something else is vague hurt my argument?

Quote:
Yeah, she didn't have her helm on her either, one can argue Shinn took it off. What is your point? She still died.
Yes, we know she died.

Quote:
Yes, it does, she died shortly after
So if someone stubs his toe right before dying then he MUST HAVE died of a stubbed toe?

Quote:
internal bleeding and shock trauma.
Internal bleeding caused by WHAT?

Internal bleeding can kill in 10 minutes or 10 hours. She physical damage from three different events, not counting her own Extended physionomy breaking down and being in an unknown state of repair.

She died from internal bleeding is a fair assessment. What caused it is an unknown.

Quote:
Also, every other character you brought up are Coordinators, they have enhanced bodies.
As do Extended.

Quote:
Grunt's are left blank, none of them are ever shown being shot down or dying after Kira disables them, it's silly to even bring that up.
The show treats blowing up mobile suits without hitting a cockpit as "sparing the life of the pilot." It is absolutely relevant to the discussion "is it possible for someone to survive the destruction of their mobile suit"?

Quote:
It's hilarious how you keep trying to convince everyone here that Stella's cause of death is vague when you clearly don't bring any proof to the table except your own opinion.
I'm not sure you understand the meaning of the word vague.

All I have to do to prove something is vague is to prove that it a) isn't 100% guaranteed to be caused by any factor AND b) could reasonably be believed to have been caused by another factor.

Stella COULD have died from injuries received when Shinn sliced the cockpit and shot shrapnel all over her body. Stella COULD have never fully recovered from her time on the Minerva (since Sting WALKED into the base while she was still in the machine). Stella COULD survive the explosion of a mobile suit while in its cockpit.

All three of these are possible. Not guarantees, but I am not arguing guarantees, I am arguing it is VAGUE.

To prove me wrong you'd have to do the opposite. Prove that Stella could NOT under any circumstances have died from her other wounds AND that she could NOT under any circumstances survive the explosion of a mobile suit while in its cockpit.

Quote:
The characters are controlled by those two I mentioned above. So his word is the same as those two if no one try to deny.
Not quite. You have no idea what their intentions were. Characters are wrong all the time.

Quote:
And what audience ? Everybody here said the same thing excluding you.
Number of people agreeing does not an argument make. Just not how the world works.
Deadpool2000 is offline   Reply With Quote