View Single Post
Old 2013-10-03, 18:18   Link #37
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artimus_Prime View Post
I'm not understanding what exactly is hashirama's failure. Ppl were at odds long before the introduction of chakra and more so afterwards. They were at war during hash's childhood. Im kinda missing how the author is making this his fault. The first gokage summit fixed some petty issues but it was noted then that peace likely wouldn't last...
Well i don't think we should view that as his fault, he simply was not great enough, same as the sage of 6 paths was not great enough as we saw in the kyuubi's flashback. Of course these are plot devices to bring our current hero to the spotlight so he can succeed where they failed. It's a quite simple thing, but Kishi likes to do these things simply. And i don't complain about simplicity. I usually complain about cheating with the story: Naruto just automatically gets all the achievments, and even now that's the case. I mean conveniently he can heal and protect everybody and on top of that even more conveniently the naruto-kyuubi-otherkyuubi-powered Ino could simply broadcast Naruto's whole life story and his feelings directly to everybody's brain and all this in the middle of a fight where he is saving the world. I mean this level of help from the author is just too much for my taste, as it was in some previous parts of the manga. Considering all this i really don't see how can you see all this as Hashirama's fault. Sure he blames himself for all the things, but that just to show us how good the past hokages are, even in death they blame themselves for any failure. I don't think that Kishi inteded for you to think that they must be blamed, it's actually the opposite of that. So when i wrote that he failed i didn't mean that is was his fault, i meant that he was meant to fail, it was meant to be an impossible achievment for him, so that in the end the main hero can rise above all past legendary people. It's just the shonen manga law of becoming the best ever at the end of the story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artimus_Prime View Post
naruto is just gonna repeat the same cycle. unless he either steps aside or help people develop work arounds for their differences...
Unfortunately this seems to be one of those places where Kishi wrote himself into a corner, Naruto's solution will most likely be quite lame and impossible to believe
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote