View Single Post
Old 2008-09-06, 13:28   Link #1462
Sports72Xtrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orga777 View Post
Yeah, I am pretty sure Bismark was mocking Schneizel when he said that. Because the first thing I thought when I saw Schneizel's face after Bismark said that was him thinking "Fuck you Bismark..."

I agree completely with morbosfist assessment. It was clear what they were planning when you listen to them talk. There would be no individuality and everyone would become one. That is what would have happened.
Ok Orga but what did he mean by being a leader? If we have no free will, if we all have the same feelings and beliefs, if we are just going to be robots of one universal will, then why would we need a leader? Also, being drones does not correlate to Charles' vision of people becoming their "true self" but this tang ending would be the opposite of that since they become someone else to conform. Yeah Bismark had a hint of sarcasm but being drones with one personality doesn't correlate with anything that Charles or Marianne wanted. Seeing as their is still politics means that there is a hint of individuality and free will, just that governments can't hide anything from the people they rule. Also Marianne says that Suzaku can talk to Euphie and Nunally again not that they would become and share the same personalities with them. That atleast means that they retain their own personalities at some level. I know people want Charles and Marianne to be the bad guy to justify what Lelouch did and maybe Lelouch was right to do what he did but I think this tang ending people interpreted as the end result of Ragnarok was misinterpreted.
Sports72Xtrm is offline   Reply With Quote