View Single Post
Old 2007-12-14, 15:57   Link #221
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Like for example; they could've at least shown more obvious hints that she had some sort of feelings for Shuri, we don't need to know that she confessed before yet, we just need to know that some sort of "feelings" are there. Then throw in some things like sometime during the show inner thoughts were discussed but for some reason she avoided the discussion. Have some scenes where it looked like Asami is just lost in thought for some reason, like when she part ways from Shuri after a night out with the gang. Then on the night before the letter was touched upon, show a shadowy figure in front of a computer typing something, make it indistiguishable from the mom and her. All these little things can be overlooked by a normal viewer, and to some, they'll just think she's gay, but never psycho gay that would be the plot twist.

As I stated before, the fact that the step-mother wasn't involved in all of this, leaves a huge plot hole for the family situation. The twins story has ended, only 2 episodes left to wrap things up, and they need to finish Nanaka's and Sana's story. The writers spent a good 1/4 of the series on Hinako, who is cute character, but ultimately pointless to the entire plot of a 13 episode show. This show lacks focus and the writers needs to get replaced.
Even the hint of her being yuri would lessen the impact of what just happened imo. In that sense I felt that the writers did a good job to mislead the viewers and whereas one can argue that the twist is too sudden, too disjointed, another would like to see such a thing. While I give it a WTF as well, overall I feel that such a thing isn't as absurd as it seems in the first place.

Without the hints it gives a moment of suspense. If we knew that Asami had a thing for Shuri in the first place then where would all the speculation and hopes for Asami x Sana come in? (Though by ep 8 it was clear that Asami is just going to be pushed aside but some people remained hopeful).

Its quite imaginative (while the haters will call it lame, rushed, cop out, lazy bla bla) to have a "side character" doomed to fade into the background strike back so hard. We know that the step mother is a bitch and will continue to treat her as the main suspect for sending such a letter, but no way would anyone think that an outside factor such as Asami to be the main culprit.

As for how the story will end, we still can't judge until we see it. It can be rushed or it can feel fine. Whether the outcome is will determine if the episodes on hinako have been a total waste of time best spent elsewhere

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS