View Single Post
Old 2008-12-03, 22:41   Link #225
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stream View Post
You could be right, but it seems to me that internal generation is an ability more specific to Marie. It seems to have a lightning/electricity motif to it, which fits Mary to a T, Mjollnir being her name and all. Plus, since it's a lightning-based ability, I think it more or less has to be powered off of soul wavelength.
I think the "lighting" was just an effect for her. If anyone else could do it they would probably have a special effect for them, like with the Soul Projections, (i.e Maka's Wings, Justin's Cross etc.)

Quote:
It's a safe bet, though.
Maybe.

Quote:
And my point is that Maka should be capable of it now or sometime in the future. She's starting to satisfy the preconditions.
Oh, she is capable of it now, this isn't like what happenend with BREW and Kid.

Quote:
BTW: It's perfectly possible (I'd even say probable) that Black☆Star's soul wavelength at the beginning was less than Maka's current soul wavelength, but still greater than the average person's.
Who knows?

Quote:
Possibly, but for all we know it could just be tied to the Witch Hunter class of abilities, so Stein would fit the bill too.
I dunno from the test the Shinigami gave at the beginning of the manga/anime, that did not look like the case and Stein is like a combination of Maka and B*S.

Quote:
There's more than that.
Spoiler for Manga spoiler, I guess.:
Spoiler for manga:

Quote:
They are meant to develop differently, but I don't think that precludes them from gaining new abilities in different fields. I mean, Black☆Star becomes a sword fighter later on, which was outside his preexisting specialization.
I agree with that, what I mean is that I don't want them becoming clones of each other. Gaining skill in different fields fine as long as they don't lose what makes them unique. I've stated before that I personally see Maka learning Stein's ability to maniuplate Wavelength of others and her own, allowing her nullfy attacks and be able to match quite a bit of Weapons. This supposedly requires a great understanding of Souls and a strong Soul Perception, Maka easily the best at that in her generation.

B*S used a Ninja Blade which like a Short Sword so, using a Sword later won't be too new to him, and it's more Tsubaki's ability than his.

Quote:
I don't think it was so much the Demon Hunter that was her way of getting that strength as much as it was her own rise in soul wavelength. At any rate, envying Black☆Star does say something because it's not so much the strength of the bond between Black☆Star and Tsubaki that she envies as much as she envies Black☆Star's own strength. A good portion of it is emotional, to be sure, how she envies the way Black☆Star can be sure of his own path and let the devil take the rules, but I think a good part of it is literal too. Maka wanted the strength to avoid having Soul get hurt. (The same, Soul wants the strength to avoid having Maka get hurt, which is why he, similarly, envies Justin. Sacrificing your body, while a nice gesture, doesn't really help.) The type of strength that it requires for Maka to be able to fight without having Soul get hurt is the type of strength for Maka not to have to rely on Soul, for her to be able to fight by herself without him. That doesn't mean Maka and Soul intend to just fight solo, but that they want to be able to fight solo when it's called for, so they won't be helpless without each other and they won't have to put each other at risk.
It your right to an extent, but B*S fighting skill extremely limited without Tsubaki, he certainly can't defeat Mifune, Asura, or Medusa especially since his nowhere as good as is Stein with it because he does not see nor, understand Souls. A lot of his best moments of skill has been due Tsubaki including his current control of Masamune. It's more of a bonus and a very situation power more than anything.

His true power is seen when he's with her not without, whether he will is ever admit that is another story.

Also during the Clown arc, after getting "Demon Hunter" She look like some one who had truly gotten her confidence back in her own power for the first time since her first fight with Crona. This was possible thanks to Soul.

Quote:
Also, the ability to release a soul wavelength unarmed requires a strong soul wavelength, which she now possesses, and the ability to pay careful attention to one's own soul. Black☆Star has had the former from the beginning and does the latter naturally by virtue of his egomaniacal megalomania, but Maka seems to be starting to fit the bill in her own way too. Maka does have a large soul wavelength now, and as for sensing her own soul, well... We've seen Maka look at her own soul in the Crona fight, and there have been incidents later too, ESPECIALLY in the Clown arc, where we see Maka's awareness of her own soul. Moreover, Maka has a very capable Soul Perception which she can use to look at herself. Plus we've seen her release her own soul wavelength now (and that was practically an attack by itself, the way it blew crap out of the way), so it really seems to me like she's only a short step away from being able to fight unarmed now.
Maka will probably use her Wavelength another way than B*S, possibly like Stein's like I said earlier.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2008-12-03 at 23:06.