View Single Post
Old 2010-04-26, 05:04   Link #1232
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight View Post
Why would you even think about having 1-hit KO moves in any competitive environment? I reckon they'll just be ignored as in Guilty Gear. At least I didn't see anyone pull that off when I was in Japan.

Also btw that catgirl whatsitsname seems to have a really simple infinite (like, a 2-move infinite)? At least until you hit the edge of the screen (and for a good number of hits on the wall, too)... or at least I saw one guy pull it off quite a few times in Japan.
In the original arcade BBCT, only Ragna, Rachel and Nu had Astral Finishes because they were bosses, Astral Finishes were then added to other characters in the console version. Its mostly just for fun, but there are quite a few that are actually practical. Especially Rachel's which is extremely easy to combo into after a frog and we could use that seeing her damage output is extremely low.

There are no infinites, only very long loops, the 2 infamous loops are Tao's 7.6k damage and Arakune's 9k damage loops. These loops are not easy to pull off, Tao's may look 'simple' but has a very strict timing. Thus 2 characters are still only mid tier characters.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote