View Single Post
Old 2011-04-11, 15:41   Link #29
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertyuiopz View Post
superman again? theres other dc heroes too, why not wonderwoman or flash instead?
Wonder Woman is getting a new television series coming later this fall, and Flash...well, Flash has always gotten the short-end of the stick. As delirium mentioned, though, if Green Latern does well enough (just to guess, probably somewhere around 225-250 million in America and at least equal outside of the US), you can expect to see more DC big budget superhero movies being made (personally, I wouldn't mind a Green Arrow film and there are plenty of others that would make interesting films).

As for the Man in Steel...well, I certainly love Superman, but so far this film seems a bit off. For all its fault's, Superman Returns had one really good thing going for it (and no, I am not talking about how cute Brandon Routh is/was), the film attempted to continue the original film series in an interesting and unique fashion (I will not argue that the film succeeded in its endeavor, but the fact that the director/writers still made the film better than a multitude of other superhero features). So, I have some amount of trepidation over Man of Steel being a complete re-launch (do we really need yet another re-launch to one of the most iconic character in American pop culture?). I will say that I find the idea of Superman being played by a "foreigner" to be interesting (and potentially enlightening), and Amy Adams as Lois Lane could be fun (though, she is a little...plain for the character...not to mention a red-head), but Michael Shannon as General Zod seems a little odd (not that Shannon is a bad actor (he has certainly gotten better over time), he just doesn't strike me as a physically imposing figure, something that is needed for Zod). The big problem is, of course, the director: Zack Synder. While I certainly enjoy much of his visual style (when not used to extreme exaggeration), Synder sucks at placing a writer's vision above his own. I can only hope that Nolan will be able to control his sufficiently enough...

Last edited by james0246; 2011-04-11 at 15:56.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote