View Single Post
Old 2012-02-26, 00:12   Link #113
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by silvercover View Post
^but have you ever seen a fanservice scene like this one? that's the point.
we've seen boob grabs, skirt flips, bondage, BDSM, etc. but a toothbrush? and to that extent? oh wow definitely.
No I haven't, but again it's still not something that's going to make me leap out of my seat and say, "You need to see this, this is brilliant" to any of my friends. I guess I just don't get that excited over fanservice from an evaluative standpoint. It's something that's there to be titalating, perhaps sexy and erotic and maybe leads to people typing with only one hand every now and then, but I don't really factor that sort of thing into evaluating the quality of a show or episode. It served it's purpose, but since this is primarily a comedy I'm evaluating it more on the front of how funny I find it and I guess the best I can say is that I got a laugh out of the episode and that was when Karen asked if Araragi was going to stick the toothbrush up her butt. It's one of those random out of nowhere lines that was a rare case of something in this franchise actually working for me.

Everything else just felt kind of obvious, lacking in subtlety and was really nothing I haven't seen done quite a few times in anime like this before. There's a word I would use here to describe the content of the episode, but again it'll probably get me in trouble so I'll refrain and just say that there was a lot of me shrugging and putting my forehead in my palm while muttering, "this just really isn't funny" while watching the episode.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote