View Single Post
Old 2012-10-06, 02:13   Link #403
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hachiko View Post
Those are good points you bring up but you can't dispute that the damage has already been done regarding what is, to be honest, a good series worth watching. Himeko, Iori and Yui are going to have it tough when the next Saimoe comes rolling along...especially with Madoka, the Moonfaced one, and the Little Busters on the rise.
Well... actually I can dispute the damage to some degree. Yes, this caused a lot of Internet outrage at the time, and there was a noted drop in sales when the controversy hit, but after the controversy blew over, there was a sustained increase that may have offset the drop. Kokoro Connect, good series or not, was never actually that popular among anime fan circles, whether before or after this incident. It's not like it was destined to be a hit and then it tanked. And, in truth, feelings on this issue notwithstanding, I'm not sure how many people really stopped watching the series as a result either. Although the Internet is a powerful force, there are no doubt a good number of viewers who never paid much attention to this controversy in the first place. So... yes, there was damage... but I'm not sure how much of it was actually sustained to the franchise. I think the bigger impact is probably the lesson learned (and perhaps, though only tangentially related, whatever ends up happening to euphonius).