View Single Post
Old 2006-09-21, 16:58   Link #18
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazelyt
The crew abandoned the ship much earlier than its forced departure, so that farewell part is not actually necessary for the the whole crew, maybe only for Usopp, who was also the sole witness for Merry's spirit.
Ya i guess i can see that somewhat....

Quote:
And I can understand its survival even during the storm, but passing through the storm with only one spirit crew, that shouldn't be capable of sailing the ship magically, is I guess beyond every one's imagination.
indeed, like i said, maybe if this was all happening in water 7, i could buy it, but all the way in enies lobby?... i mean, seriously, where do you draw the line? You can only push things SO far before they just start feeling ridiculous

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB
Ah, nice chapter! It's nice to see some more Buster Call action! And I had no doubt that Pauly and co. survived (due to the ropes, at that). The fact alone that Pauly grabbed the Den Den Mushi before the cannon blast reached them was proof that they wouldn't get killed, but enough aobut that subject for now.
Ya, i didn't really believe those death either... though it was believable enough for me to second guess that thought...

Seriously, Oda, Mr. "almost never kills anyone with a name except in flashbacks", killing off that many poeple at once? bah... though i still think them dying would have been very effective... i mean, that's part of what makes the merry's "death" so tragic and effective is that fact that oda NEVER does that kind of stuff... really helps throw the audience into a shocker when you do something that goes against your norm

Quote:
Originally Posted by iKumdo
What if it was just remade?
Well, it's not a remake, i think it's the real Merry... it even has that steal brace around it's neck from back when the head got torn off...

Though when speaking in general, i would have different concerns over a remake of the going merry that i addressed in the "what if Tom..." thread... Short version is that i though it would be kind of disrespectful to the new ship... Gally-la shipwrights said, that a remake of the ship would not be the same as the orginal ship, that no matter how much it looks like the old ship, it's not the old ship... Treating the new ship like it was the old ship, something that is not, is very harse and disrespectful to the new ship... the new ship should be loved for what it is, not for what it's not... It's like the new ship would forever be living in the shadow of the old ship... y'know...